The Advocate provides a wide range of support for our Indigenous students. The following is a small portion of the type of support they can offer. Our wonderful Advocate is Rubina Waterhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org
); please do not hesitate to reach her by email.
- Provide emotional, social, academic, behavioral and cultural support to students using the foundations of the Seven Teachings and the quadrants of the Medicine Wheel
- Liaise between home and school
- Work closely with teachers and other personnel to plan effectively for students
- Help students with goal setting, academic and behavioral
- Monitor attendance of Indigenous students and facilitate improvement
- Responding to any specific concerns of teachers or parents